After unfortunate events result in the disappearance of Aster, Noctum’s king, the balance between Monsters, Mongos, and Dreamers is lost … and chaos engulfs the land of Donorok in the Noctum region. Defenseless against evil, the children of Donorok are trapped in a malevolent wizard’s dreamlike world and forever locked in darkness.
Their only hope? Nightmare Boy, who’s ready and willing to enter the nightmare and put his life on the line.
Play as a young boy named Billy as he tries to save innocent children and takes on freakish monsters to escape a nightmarish realm. Explore a hell-like open world in your quest to free the children from captivity; each rescued child grants the protagonist special abilities and powers — such as double jumps, projectiles, explosives, and more. Tread carefully when talking or interacting with NPCs: Quirky characters and their reactions can have game-changing consequences. In fact, mere survival is far from guaranteed in Nightmare Boy: Fast reflexes and a taste for exploration are key if you intend to collect rare items, vanquish enemies, and eventually face your deepest fears.
- Sharp Controls: Players have absolute control with double and triple jumps, wall-grabbing, multiple forms, spells, and much more!
- World Map: Far corners of the world are revealed as players venture further and further into the nightmare.
- Hidden Collectibles: Helpful in uncovering a number of possible endings.
- Precious Stones: Necessary to save the game (as a tribute) or to be able to afford items in the store.
- Player Choice: Very different outcomes available, whether players interact with characters — or not!