2D platformer Leopoldo Manquiseil, on its way to Steam and Nintendo Switch.
Nightmare Boy creators are putting the final touches to the game. It will arrive in November on PC and Nintendo's hybrid console.
Madrid (Spain), November 30th, 2018: “Leopoldo Manquiseil: A new super hero is coming” is a small tribute to one of the biggest names in the Spanish videogame industry: David Santos.
Vanir Project, creators of Nightmare Boy, are nehind the development of the title, a classic 2D platformer, with a remarkable retro aesthetics and a chiptune soundtrack created by Vic Hernand.
Leopoldo Manquiseil is a game with a charity side: 75% of the income obtained will go to David Santos.
Guide the survivors through a randomly generated Arctic base, overcome the severe climate and fight the unfathomable!
- Gameplay involving an extreme climate.
- Randomly generated levels.
- 15 characters with unique skills and abilities.
- Tons of quests, game events and plot twists.
- Altered perception of reality: you cannot trust what you see.
After the exploitation and stress he is under during his daily work at Badland Games, Leopoldo suffers a strange accident when he arrives home. When he wakes up he feels different than usual, he feels stronger. He feels like… He has super powers!
Destiny already seems to have its own “chosen”, so now you be the one to put yourself in Leopoldo‘s shoes: jump, climb, shoot… Do whatever it takes to get our hero to bring peace and we can be one step closer to the second Golden Age for the industry in the Spanish region!
But don’t worry, Leopoldo Manquiseil won’t be alone in his adventure: he’ll count on the support and help of big industry characters like “Gonzo” Suarez, Luis Quintans, Sara Borondo, Bruno Sol, Ramón Nafria or Santi Valero, from Video games for food.
- Jump, double jump, dash, climb walls, shoot…
- Special levels in Flappy Bird and Pang style.
- Two challenge levels: one simpler is just to reach the end of the level. Another harder way to play will force you to do the above and ALSO get three unique items that will be spread among each level.
- The 24 levels are structured in three groups of 8. The last level of each group is always a final boss.